Supreme Champion Hilly Ridge Balius Blue is a spectacular young male with an advanced dense fleece.
Working for the first time in 2015 at just two years old, Balius has produced crias every year from 2016 and they consistently inherit his looks and density. Balius seems to be particularly good at making a step change improvement in both fineness and density when used over coarse dark females. When used over dark females, most of his offspring have been dark solid colours.
Winner of Supreme Champion Suri at Romsey 2014
Winner of Champion light male suri at North Somerset show 2015
Balius has an advanced fleece, with incredible density, layering and a lock structure that starts at his skin. He has an excellent temperament and great conformation.
He has Fleece qualities that breed true in his progeny and his sire was also a supreme champion.
Many of Balius’ cria can be viewed here at Parkside.
Balius’ progeny have won:
- Supreme Champion and Best White Fleece at the SW Fleece Show 2018
- Reserve Supreme Champion at Three Counties Fleece Show 2018
- Best of British Suri Fleece at Three Counties Fleece Show 2018
- Reserve Champion light fleece at Three Counties Fleece Show 2018
- Champion Light Fleece at the Eastern Alpaca Group Fleece Show 2018
- Reserve Champion Light fleece at Eastern Alpaca Group Fleece Show 2018
- 1st Junior Light female at Three Counties Halter Show 2017
- 1st Intermediate Light female at the Eastern Alpaca Group Halter Show 2018
- 1st Junior light fleece Eastern Alpaca Group Fleece Show 2017
Balius’ extremely dense fleece is holding it’s fineness.
- 2015 fleece stats (2nd fleece) AFD 22.1 SD 4.6
- 2016 fleece stats (3rd fleece) AFD 24.5 SD 5.5
- 2018 fleece stats (4th fleece) AFD 25.9 SD 5.0
Hilly Ridge Balius Blue has bloodlines that have not been extensively used in the UK so a mating from him avoids the risk of in-breeding.
Drive-by fee £500. Expenses in addition for mobile matings. We give discounts if you purchase matings for more than one female from any of our studs